BODY POSITIONING & PUCK PROTECTION CLINIC
Our Body Positioning & Puck Protection camp is so much more than a body contact camp. So much of the game is won by winning battles, protecting the puck and figuring out ways to use your body to gain an advantage over your opponents. To be an effective player, your presence must be felt every time you’re on the ice. In this camp, players will walk away more confident in their physicality and, in the end, they will be much harder to play against. Are you hungry for the puck? It is time to show it.
Players will work on the following:
- Hip mobility & range of motion leading to better puck protection
- Handling the puck outside of their bodies (away from the opponents)
- Being the first to engage in contact
- Learning ways to manipulate their own bodies to gain an advantage over the opponents
- Using their sticks as tools
- Puck placement (placing puck as far away from opponents while still maintaining possession)
- Fighting through contact
- Angling players down the wall and in open ice
- Staying D-side and playing the body
- …And much more!
2024 Schedule Not Available Yet